Monday 12 July 2010

Washi Beginnings

I have been meaning to write this post for a while. Where does the time go? 
Teal Maple Circle Pendant

Here is one of the first Washi pieces that I made. I have always loved the intricate patterns in Japanese papers and I wanted to create a way of capturing them in a piece of jewellery. The hand printed quality of the paper, combined with the hand crafted jewellery ensures that each piece is completely unique and original. The paper is embedded in a sterling silver surround and then covered with clear resin creating a glass like finish and fully protecting the paper.

My first pieces were solid circles that beautifully show the colourful patterns of the papers. I have since expanded the collection to include pieces with cut out sections and others that combine complimentary semi-precious stones. The collection is available in many different paper designs and I am always on the look out for new chiyogami papers to add to my stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment