Friday 24 August 2012

New Collections

I have now updated my collection pages (^along the top of the blog^) with a few images of pieces from my new collections. More images will be added in due course but for now this will give you an idea of how my work has developed. I have three new collections, one based on dots found in nature, one using the texture of the cuttlefish bone and one inspired by lace.

Dotty about Dots


All my new work is very textural. Probably influenced from my background in textiles - I studied Textiles and Surface Design at University and worked as a knitted textile designer for a number of years.

Crazy about Cuttlefish


I am really interested in capturing patterned surfaces into my silver pieces and have been enjoying learning more about stone setting and introducing faceted stones into my work. I am still very influenced by natural form, in particular sea life but have also developed an interest in the intricate structure of Lace.

Loopy about Lace

Most of my work is now produced using the lost wax casting technique which allows me to make pieced in wax before casting them in silver. The amount of detail that can be achieved has enabled me to explore the textural element in my work which is now one of it's characteristics.


P.S. I have added a NEOS button to my side bar. You can click on it and it links to the North East Open Studios website if you are looking for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment