Monday 19 September 2011

Stacking Ring Commission

I recently completed a ring commission to make two stacking rings for a client to give to his wife as a surprise gift. It was lovely to have the opportunity to work on such a thoughtful present.


The larger stone is a Labradorite. (One of my favourite stones as it has a lovely iridescent quality and a spectrum of colours). This particular stone has a deep kingfisher blue colour with a darker line slicing through it. The other ring has a smaller deep blue/purply Iolite stone. 


The stacking rings are really versatile as they can be worn together or separately depending on the mood of the wearer.  Worn together they give a more dramatic look and are a chunkier piece, while alone they give a subtle flash of colour to brighten an outfit. Extra rings can also be added to a stacking set to create endless combinations.

I am always happy to work with different stones and create the perfect ring for an individual. Gemstones can be selected based on favourite colours, birthstones or their meanings and properties. I can also work with a selection of oval and round stones in a variety of sizes.

I just received an email from my client saying his wife "loves (the rings) and says they are the nicest present I have ever given her". Isn't that lovely. I love getting emails like that! It's always great to hear feedback once my jewellery has been sent off and I'm so pleased to have made someone smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment